- 1 SSC JE 2017
- 2 Details on SSC JE Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Application Form 2017
- 3 Check Details on SSC Junior Engineer Application Form 2017
- 4 SSC JE 2017 Important Dates
- 5 Eligibility Criteria for SSC Junior Engineer Exam 2017
- 5.1 SSC JE Nationality
- 5.2 Educational Qualification for SSC JE 2017
- 5.2.1 Junior Engineer in CPWD (Electrical)
- 5.2.2 Junior Engineer in CPWD (Civil)
- 5.2.3 Junior Engineer in Department of Posts (Civil)
- 5.2.4 Junior Engineer in MES (Civil)
- 5.2.5 Junior Engineer in Department of Posts (Electrical)
- 5.2.6 Junior Engineer in MES (Electrical & Mechanical)
- 5.2.7 Junior Engineer in Central Water Commission (Civil & Mechanical)
- 5.2.8 Junior Engineer in MES (QS&C)
- 5.3 SSC JE Age Limit
- 6 SSC JE 2017 Exam Pattern
- 7 How to submit the SSC 2017 – JE Application Form
SSC JE 2017
SSC (Staff Selection Commission) is going to organize a Junior Engineer Test at national level for the recruitment of suitable and interested candidates for the post of Junior Engineer. The selected candidates will be placed as Junior Engineer in Mechanical, Civil & Electrical trade. The SSC JE Exam will be conducted into two parts – JE Paper-I and JE Paper-II. Only those candidates who have qualified the Paper-I will be allowed to sit for the Paper-II examination. In this article, we have given the complete information about SSC JE 2017 Examination for all the interested aspirants.
|Name of the Organizing Committee||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Name of the Post||JE (Junior Engineer)|
|Job Position||All India (Depending on Rank)|
|Official Websites||ssconline.nic.in OR ssc.nic.in|
|Type of Recruitment||Government|
Details on SSC JE Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Application Form 2017
All those candidates who want to apply online for this examination can visit any of these two websites –www.ssconline.nic.in or www.ssconline2.gov.in. After opening the SSC website, they would be required to key in all the basic details in the application form. After entering the basic information, the next thing they have to do is to upload the scanned images of their photo & sign in a prescribed manner.
The Commission has set some guidelines regarding the uploading of Signature and Photograph which the candidate must follow in order to apply successfully for the Junior Engineer Examination. The file format of scanned photo have to be in jpg. Make sure that your face is looking clear in the picture and the photo must not be old more than 4 months. The size of the photo to be scanned must lie between 4kb and 12kb. The photo resolution must be kept to 100/120 pixels. The scanned image of your signature should be in the same format as of your photo – jpg format. Keep the file size of your signature to 1 kb – 12 kb. The standard resolution of signature is 140/60 pixels.
Check Details on SSC Junior Engineer Application Form 2017
SSC will only consider you as an applicant of SSC JE 2017 after you successfully pay the application fee. At the time of submission of application form, there are two stages of registration process which you have to complete. Only after the filling of part I and submission of application fee, part 2 registration process will come into force. You can submit the application fee either online (through Debit/ Credit Card or Internet Banking) or offline mode – (through e-challan).
SSC JE 2017 Important Dates
|Starting Date of Application Forms||October 21, 2017|
|Last date for the submission of application form||November 17, 2017|
|Releasing Date of Admit cards||January 2018|
|SSC JE Tier-I Examination Dates||January 5 to 8, 2018|
|Result Announcement Date||March 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC Junior Engineer Exam 2017
SSC JE Nationality
In order to apply, A candidate has to be a citizen of India or must have citizenship any of the following country-
- Tibetan refugee who setteled in India before January 1, 1962 as a permanent resident.
- Any person of Indian origin who come from East African countries of Kenya, Burma, the United Republic of Tanzania, Ethiopia, Malawi, Sri Lanka, Zambia, Uganda, Zaire and Vietnam to get a permanent residentship in India.
Educational Qualification for SSC JE 2017
Junior Engineer in CPWD (Electrical)
- B.Tech./ B.E./ Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a well known University.
Junior Engineer in CPWD (Civil)
- B.Tech./ B.E./ Diploma in Civil Engineering from a Well-known University.
Junior Engineer in Department of Posts (Civil)
- B.Tech. / B.E. / Three years Diploma in Civil engineering from a Well-known University.
Junior Engineer in MES (Civil)
- B.Tech. / B.E. in Civil Engineering OR you must have three yr Diploma in Civil Engineering from a Well-known University and with a minimum of 2 yr work experience in civil engineering department.
Junior Engineer in Department of Posts (Electrical)
- B.Tech. / B.E. / three yr Diploma programme in Electrical engineering from a Well-known University.
Junior Engineer in MES (Electrical & Mechanical)
- B.Tech. / B.E. in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering OR a 3 yr Diploma programme in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a Well-known University with a minimum of 2 years work experience in related fields.
Junior Engineer in Central Water Commission (Civil & Mechanical)
- B.Tech. / B.E. / Diploma programme in Mechanical/Civil Engineering from a Well-known University.
Junior Engineer in MES (QS&C)
- B.Tech. / B.E. / 3 yr Diploma programme in Civil engineering from a Well-known University OR candidate must have qualified an Intermediate *Class 12th* examination in Building and Quantity Surveying from the Institute of Surveyors (India).
SSC JE Age Limit
Junior Engineer (Electrical, Civil, and Mechanical), CPWD and Central Water Commission
- Upper Age Limit: 32 years
Junior Engineer (Civil and Electrical / Surveying and contract) & MES
- Lower Age Limit: 18 year
- Upper Age Limit: 27 year
Junior Engineer (Electrical, Civil and Mechanical) and MES
- Upper Age Limit: 30 year
Note: According to the Government Rule, reserved category candidates will get some relaxation in upper age limit.
You can pay the application fee i.e., (Rs. 100) either by using online or offline mode. Female candidates, Ex-Servicemen and Reserved category candidates are exempted from paying application fee.
SSC JE 2017 Exam Pattern
SSC Junior Engineer Paper-I Pattern
- Paper Type: Multiple Objective Type
- Time Duration: 2 hour
|Logical Reasoning and General Intelligence||50|
|General Engineering (Either from Civil & Structural, Mechanical and Electrical)||100|
SSC Junior Engineer Paper-II Pattern
- Paper Type: Conventional Type
- Time Duration: 2 hour
|General Engineering (Either from Part-A which will contain Civil & Structural or Part- B covering Electrical Part-C comprising of Mechanical)||300|
The Commission will do the Shortlisting of candidates on the basis of their performance in Paper-I and Paper-II. The announcement of final Result will be made in the month of March/ April 2018.
How to submit the SSC 2017 – JE Application Form
- In order to do registration for SSC JE 2017, candidate must visit this web portal – 22.214.171.124/je2017 or click here
- On the left side of homepage, they will have to click the ” Register” button under the heading of New Registration.
- Enter all the required details in the given space.
- Tap the”Enter button”.
- The Commission will sent you login id and password which will be further required for uploading of iamges and signature and fee submission.
- Upload your photo and signature in the prescribed format and size. (Details about size and format given above)
- Make the payment.
- Download the receipt of your application form payment and take a printout of the same until the recruitment process comes to an end.