- 1 SSC CGL 2017 Notification
- 2 SSC CGL 2017 Exam Dates
- 3 SSC CGL 2017 Exam Centre
- 4 Eligibility Criteria
- 5 SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern
- 6 SSC CGL 2017 Syllabus
- 7 SSC CGL 2017 Application Fee
- 8 SSC CGL 2017 Admit Card
- 9 SSC CGL 2017 Answer Key
- 10 SSC CGL 2017 Result
- 11 SSC CGL Cut Off
SSC CGL 2017 Apply Online, Notification, Exam Date
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has published the notification for Combined Graduate Level (CGL) posts. According to its notification, candidates can fill and submit the online application form before 16th June 2017. SSC conducts this examination every year. To apply for this exam, the candidate has to go to the official website of Staff Selection Commission i.e., ssc.nic.in. The online application process for SSC CGL 2017 has started on 16th May 2017. SSC brings out thousands of jobs in government department every year. Nowadays Candidates are seen trying their best to get a Govt. jobs in India. Government is trying their best for the development of our country and to create millions of jobs in the years to come. SSC is the top government organization giving jobs to lakhs of aspirants in India. A great opportunity is just a few steps ahead for all the SSC aspirants.
The Staff Selection Commission organizes CGL (Combined Graduate Level) exam every year to select aspirants for non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non-gazetted posts in different government departments of India. SSC organizes the SSC CGL exam for recruitment to different subordinate posts like:
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant
- Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
- Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
- Preventive Officers in Customs.
- Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
- Compiler in Registrar General of India.
- Assistants in Ministries, Attached and the Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
- Examiner in Customs.
- Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
- Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
- Inspectors of Income Tax.
SSC CGL 2017 Notification
The official notification for SSC CGL 2017 is out. The online application process for SSC CGL 2017 began from 16th May 2017. Aspirants can apply for the same.
See SSC CGL 2017 Notification pdf – Click Here
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Dates
The exam schedule for the SSC CGL 2017 is as follows. Kindly write down the important dates regarding SSC CGL Exam 2017.
|SSC CGL 2017 Notification||16th May 2017|
|SSC CGL Online Application Form||16th May 2017|
|Last date to apply||16th June 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-1 Examination||1st to 20th August 2017 (CBE)|
|SSC CGL Tier-2 Examination||10th to 11th November 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-3 Examination||21st January 2018|
|Skill Test/Computer Skill Test/Interview||February 2018|
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Centre
Staff Selection Commission has also released the list of exam centre of SSC along with its official notification.
See SSC CGL exam centre 2017 – Click Here
- Age Limit: 18 to 27 years.
- Education: Graduation Degree from a reputed college/university.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) organizes the Combined Graduate Level exam each year in four stages for various jobs. Exam Pattern – The Examination will take place in four tiers as shown under:
|I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Require|
Before starting the SSC CGL preparation, make some notes of important changes in CGL exam pattern and syllabus. The changes to SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017 for Tier 1 & 2 are given down:
- No Sectional Cut off.
- Decrease in time limit for exam of Tier -I from 75 minutes to 60 minutes.
- Tier II will remain same.
- SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam will be held in online mode.
- Introduction of a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
SSC CGL 2017 Syllabus
There are four different stages in SSC CGL. Check their syllabus below:
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
This is an online objective exam. There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CGL 2017, It is a 200 marks question paper having100 questions. The time duration of Tier-1 exam will be 60 minutes. The subject-wise information is provided under:
|Section||Subject||Max Marks||No of Questions||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||25||60 minutes|
- There is a provision for negative marking in SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 Exam. One wrong answer will cost 0.5 marks in all sections
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for visually handicapped candidates.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
This is an online objective exam. There are 4 sections in the Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL 2017. It is a 200 marks question paper having 100 questions. The subject-wise information is provided under:
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 Hour|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hour|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||2 Hour|
- Paper-1 and Paper-2 are compulsory.
- Paper-3 is only for the post: “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”
- Paper-4 is only for the post: “Assistant Audit Officer”
- There is a provision for negative marking in SSC CGL 2017 Tier 2 exam. Each wrong answer will lead cost 0.25 marks in Paper-2 and 0.5 marks in Paper-1,Paper-3 and Paper-4.
- Paper-I will be of 10th standard, Paper-2 of 10+2 class level and Paper-3 & Paper-4 of graduation level.
- The exam duration is 2 Hours and 40 Minutes for visually handicapped candidates.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
This is a descriptive exam that is intended to test the writing skills of the aspirant in English or Hindi. It is a pen and paper mode exam. Aspirant will have to write Letter/Essay/ /Precis/Application. To crack SSC CGL Tier-III, start reading a lot of articles from English newspaper. Besides this, aspirant should have basic knowledge of Application and report writing.
- The exam is a 100 marks paper.
- The time duration of Tier 3 is 60 minutes.
- The questions will come from 10+2 level.
- The exam is of qualifying nature.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for visually handicapped candidates or who are those suffering from cerebral palsy.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam Syllabus
The Tier 4 of SSC CGL Exam 2017 includes of a couple of skill tests which are essential for specific government jobs.
- Data Entry Speed Test (DEST): This skill test is qualifying in nature for all the jobs except Compiler. It is used to test the typing speed of the aspirant. The aspirant are asked to type the printed matter in English on a computer with a minimum of 2000 key impressions in 15 minutes.
- Computer Proficiency Test (CPT): The Commission will organize CPT, consisting three modules – Spread Sheet, Word Processing, and Generation of Slides, for hopefuls for the post of Assistants of CSS. CPT will be qualifying in nature.
SSC CGL 2017 Application Fee
- The SSC CGL application fee is Rs.100/-
- Aspirant can submit the application fee via SBI Bank either in the form of challan or SBI Net Banking/ other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be created online.
Click Here to Apply for SSC CGL 2017
Note: No fee is needed to be given by female, ST, Physically Handicapped, SC, and Ex-Servicemen candidates
SSC CGL 2017 Admit Card
- Candidates can download their CGL 2017 Tier-1 exam admit card on its official regional websites.
- The Commission will not send CGL admit card at home by mail post therefore aspirant has to download his CGL admit card online.
- Candidate will not be allowed to sit in an examination hall without admit card.
- The admit card of CGL Tier 2 exam will be issued to only those aspirants who qualify Tier-1 exam.
Download SSC CGL 2017 Admit Card Here
SSC CGL 2017 Answer Key
- Candidates can download the CGL answer keys on its official website.
- With the help of Answer Keys, they can have an idea of their performances in the exam.
- The Commission will upload the CGL answer keys only after the exam.
SSC CGL 2017 Result
- CGL exam result usually comes after one month pf the exam on the official portal of SSC.
- The result will issue online in “PDF” form containing a list of qualified aspirants.
SSC CGL Cut Off
Here is the cut-off for SSC CGL exams:
SSC CGL 2016 TIER- 1 Cut-Off:
|Cut off Marks||125.5||137.5||114||97||103||68||20||92||—|
SSC CGL 2015 TIER- 1 Cut-Off:
|Cut off Marks||89.5||102.25||80.25||69||74.25||50||20||67.75||—|