NEET Counselling 2017 – Check Requirement, Procedure & Schedule

NEET Counselling 2017: NEET 2017 Counselling Registration(All India Quota) starts from 3rd July 2017(Today). Candidates can register for NEET Counselling through online mode.NEET is National Eligibility Entrance Test. It is conducted at National level by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Only those students attempt this examination who want to get an admission into UG (undergraduate) Medical and Dental courses. In this article, you will find the complete information of NEET Counselling 2017 for MBBS and BDS courses.

NEET Counselling 2017 Overview

The NEET All India Counselling 2017 is managed and controlled by the MCC (Medical Counselling Committee). MCC comes under the head of  DGHS(Directorate General of Health Services), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of India. Only 60000 students out of 10 lakh students were capable of qualifying National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2017. There are only 15% of the total seats for All India Quota. The remaining 85% seats are meant for NEET centralized State Counselling 2017.

Check NEET Counselling 2017 Requirement, Procedure & Schedule

The NEET counselling 2017 is commencing at 12 pm from 3rd July. The counselling process is only for NEET qualified students. Students have to register their name in the counselling procedure to book their seats in MBBS & BDS course & colleges.

NEET Counselling 2017 - Check Requirement, Procedure & Schedule
NEET Counselling 2017 – Check Requirement, Procedure & Schedule

NEET Counselling 2017 Schedule

The counselling schedule of NEET for 15% All India Quota is given below:

Events Dates (Declared)
Registration Start Date for Main Counselling 3rd July 2017 – 11th July 2017 (Till 5:00 PM)
Fill your choice & Indicative Seat allotment process 5th July 2017
Choice & Locking Process 12th July 2017 (Till 5:00 PM)
Process of NEET Round 1 Seat Allotment 13th July to 14th July 2017
NEET Round 1 Seat Allotment Result 15th July 2017
Date of Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College (after 1 Round) 16th July to 22nd
July 2017 (Till 05:00 PM)
Choice & Locking Process (for Round 2) 1st August to 4th
August 2017 (Till 05:00 PM)
Process of NEET Round 2 Seat Allotment 5th August 2017 – 7th August 2017
NEET Round 2 Seat Allotment Result 8th August 2017
Date of reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College (after 2 Round) 9th August 2017 – 16th August 2017 (up to 05:00 PM)
Date on which vacant seats will move to State
16th August 2017 (After 5:00 PM)

NEET 2017 Counselling Procedure 

The counselling Procedure for NEET 2017 will be done in two rounds. Here are the steps relating to NEET Online Counselling Procedure 2017:

  1. Online Registration: First of all, the candidate has to register himself/herself in order to participate in NEET counselling. Candidates can easily register themselves by entering the basic information about them. Non-registered students will not be allowed to participate in NEET counselling. Therefore, a candidate must register himself/herself. After completing the process of registration, candidates will be given a unique user id and password. The unique email id or password will be sent to them via Mail or SMS. In order to go to the next step, candidate has to login with the given user id and password.
  2. Fill your choice & Lock: Now, a candidate has to select his/her preferred Dental/Medical College and courses. After selecting the best course and college, candidates have to hit the tab for “Save” to freeze their choice.  Locking the choice is very important so Candidate should not forget to do it.
  3. Announcement of Result: Now the candidate only has to wait for the declaration of result. Candidate will be notified about the result via mail or SMS. The seat allotment to a candidate will be done on the basis of his rank and his selection for college.
  4. Report to the Allotted College on given date: After the declaration of result, candidates will have to report to the allotted college in order to confirm their seat. Candidate will also have to pay the course fee to the college. In case, the candidates fail to appear to the allotted college on the given date and time, he can’t claim his seat and his seat will be given to the next candidate.

Click Here for NEET 2017 Counselling Registration

Document required for NEET Counselling 2017

These are the document which you will require at the time of counselling for NEET 2017

  • High School & Intermediate Passing Certificate
  • NEET 2017 Rank Card/Rank Letter
  • Identity Proof
  • NEET 2017 Admit Card
  • Provisional Allotment Letter
  • Category Certificate (If Applicable)
  • Eight Passport size photograph (Six)
  • High School & Intermediate Mark Sheets
  • Birth Certificate


Share it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *