MAT 2018: Management Aptitude Test is the most admired management entrance test. It opens the door to various MBA/PGDM courses. All India Management Association (AIMA) organizes this entrance test. MAT scores are taken into account by nearly more about 600 B-Schools/ Premium Management Institute in India. This national level entrance examination is conducted four times a year. Applicants who want to choose MBA course as their career can fill an application form for MAT. MAT exam is conducted in the following months:
MAT 2018 Important Dates
MAT is organized 4 times in a year. Here, we are providing the MAT February important dates for the academic session 2018-2019:
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Application Form will release in||2nd week of December 2017|
|End date for online registration of Application Form||4th week of January 2018|
|End date of Online Filling of Application Form||4th week of January 2018|
|Admit Card will be available in||4th week of January 2018|
|MAT Examination Date||1st week of Feb 2018/PBT
2nd week of Feb 2018 /CBT
|MAT Result Announcement Date||4th week of February 2018|
MAT Aptitude Test 2018 – Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
- Candidates interested in getting an admission in postgraduate management programme must fill the MAT 2018 application form through online or offline form.
- The online application form will be accessible on AIMA official website. You can also find it here in future.
- Applicants can find the OMR application form along with MAT announcement from AIMA, New Delhi by paying the necessary registration fee.
- The application should be filled completely. It must cover all field involving the filling of all essential details and uploading of signature & photograph.
- After few days of submitting an application form, applicants can verify their application form status.
The registration fee for all the category candidates is Rs.1200/-. Payment can be made in the following way:
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Net banking
- Demand Draft.
While paying through Demand Draft, it should be kept in mind that the printout of filled-in registration form along with the has to be sent to AIMA, New Delhi.
The eligibility prescribed for appearing the MAT 2018 is as follows:
- Candidate must be a graduate to apply for MAT. Graduates from any discipline can apply for MAT 2018.
- Appearing candidates/ Candidates having their last year of Graduation can also apply for MAT.
- There is no minimum marks set to fit for MAT. However, candidates must have passing marks in their graduation.
- There is no age limit and number of attempts set to appear for MAT 2018.
MAT Exam Pattern 2018
The MAT 2018 Exam pattern is given under
|Mode of Examination||Online and Offline|
|Questions Type||Objective type test with MCQs|
|Total no. of Questions||200 divided into five sections|
|Exam Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||1 Mark for one right answer.|
|Negative Marking||Yes, ¼ Marks for the wrong answer|
The structure of MAT is given below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Time (in min)|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||35|
MAT Syllabus 2018
- Language Comprehension
- Mathematical Skills
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency,
- Indian and Global Environment.
How to Prepare for MAT
Here we are giving few tips on how to crack MAT. These tips would help you to score good marks:
- Make a study time table for yourself. Devote your most of the time in improving yourself.
- Eliminate useless activities from your schedule.
- Practice solving previous year question papers of MAT.
- In an exam, don’t attempt those question which you are not sure about because there will be negative marking in MAT.
- Take time out for yourself too and maintain a good health.
MAT 2018 Admit Card
- MAT 2018 Admit card will be available for download one week before the test.
- Admit card will not be sent by post or any other way.
- Admit card will comprise of candidate’s roll no, Date of exam, exam venue and address of exam venue
MAT Result 2018
- MAT 2018 Result will be announced one month after the examination.
- The result is going to be announced via online mode only i.e., on the official portal of AIMA.
- Candidates can check their result by inserting application form number, roll number and by choosing test month.
MAT Score Card 2018
- MAT Score Card will be published on the official portal of AIMA. It will also be sent to the candidates through post.
- The validity of Score card is one year i.e. for admission in that specific year only.
- If a candidate has lost the admit card then he/she can also request the duplicate score card within the stipulated time period.
- Most of the management colleges in India takes into account the MAT Scores.
MAT Admission Procedure 2018
- The entrance test score will serve as the basis for admission of a candidate.
- Candidates have to be present in the further round of selection in participating Management Institutions.
- Candidates can apply individually in the participating institutions.
- Each MI has maintained its own selection procedure. Generally, the selection procedure consists of Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI) and/or Written Ability Test (WAT) rounds.
- Final admission will depend on candidate’s performance in the entrance exam and in further rounds.
If there are any queries regarding MAT 2018, Drop your comments below.