BBA (Bachelors of Business Administration) is one of the preferable degree programmes. The duration of this course in India is three years. It sets the basis of foundation of Management Principles and Practices.
It also lays down the important rules and regulations in applying these Management Principles. Under this course, students are taught about various subjects such as Company Law, Human Resource Management, Principles of Management, Marketing Management, Working Capital Management, Consumer Behaviour, Business Ethics etc. Reading these theory subjects is not the only thing in BBA, its academic sessions are also filled with many case studies, Group Discussions and Personality Development Classes. Students are brought forward to all these to enhance their knowledge, increase their managerial tactics and to make them aware of current Market Scenario.
BBA Course Details
BBA also provide for specialization i.e., Students are given the opportunity to choose a specific field in which they would like to do specialization. This specialization is mainly done in the last year. Specialization is just an in-depth study of one subject. Students should specialize in that field in which they know about a lot so that they can master at it. This process of specialization initiates higher efficiency in doing a particular work. Some of the most common Specializations in BBA in India are listed below:
- Human Resource
- Retail Management
These are the common specialization which is provided almost in every college in India. Most of the top colleges in India also provide other forms of specialization other than the stated above to suit the changing demand of Economy. Other areas of specialization in BBA are BBA in Hotel Management, BBA in Entrepreneurship, BBA in Travel and Tourism, BBA in Aviation and BBA in International Business.
Advantages of pursuing BBA
- Enhance the student’s decision-making skills by giving students the opportunity to take part in solving a case-study and express their opinion.
- Makes the student capable of working in an MNC. He/She becomes eligible to apply for a job in big companies by showing his/her degree and acquired skills and knowledge. BBA students can also apply for various government job by filling their form.
- Students can solve any managerial problem with much ease as they have already been exposed to various seminars in an academic session.
- BBA is the best option for a student who has always thought of pursuing MBA in his future as BBA gives a brief introduction of knowledge of what MBA is all about.BBA is the best option for MBA-aspirant students.BBA give a whole view of the field of Management so it would be beneficial for MBA-aspirant students to choose BBA to gain knowledge about Management rules and policies as MBA also deal with the Principles of Management scientifically.
Eligibility for BBA
The requisite requirements have been set for a candidate who wants to pursue BBA as his career option. They are given as under:
- Candidate should have completed his class 12th with a minimum of 45% regardless of any stream whether it is Science, Commerce, Humanities or Arts from a board having its recognization from the government of India.
- Candidate should be of at least age 17.
- English should be his one of the main subjects in his class 12th.
- Some of the top colleges conduct their own entrance exams for BBA which is followed by Group Discussions and Personal Interview. Students are required to clear the entrance examination if they want to get an admission in top colleges. Entrance Examination is conducted to check the student’s devotion towards his study in past academic session and also to see if the student is capable of studying in their college. The questions which are asked in an entrance exam is based on general topic like English Language, General Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Numerical and sometimes even General Knowledge and Current Affairs. To appear for any entrance exam of any college, Students are required to fill up an application form of that particular college by depositing the application form fees in college. Entrance Examination fees vary from college to colleges.
Also Read: Top MBA Colleges in India 2017
TOP BBA COLLEGES IN INDIA
As you can see now that there are colleges opening up in every corner of the country but there is no use of pursuing your degree programme from a college which is not placing their students to good companies. Studying in such below standard colleges will only result in loss of your time and money. Therefore, it is always considered better to spend your money at the right place from which you can receive some sort of benefit in future. Getting an admission in top colleges is not an easy task. They have set up a criterion in taking admissions through their entrance exams. Only those students who will get succeed in clearing an entrance exam, GD (Group Discussion) and PI (Personal Interview) will be given a chance of admission to study at their college. There are some of the top colleges in India providing high-class BBA with excellent placement. We have given an overview of top BBA colleges along with their name of entrance examination conducted by them.
- Amity Business School
Selection Process: Direct Admission Process, minimum 60% in 10+2.
- Christ University
Admission Criteria: Entrance Test followed by Skill Assessment, Micro Presentation and Personal Interview (ET_SA_MP_PI).
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies
Selection Procedure: A candidate should clear SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test) and Personal Interview in order to get an admission. Minimum requirement of percentage in 10+2 has been set to 50% for General category and 45% for reserved categories like SC and ST.
- GITAM University (Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management)
Location: Vishakhapatnam, Andra Pradesh
Admission Process: Students have to clear GITAM University Admission Test (GAT) meant for undergraduate courses conducted by GITAM.
- All India Management Association (AIMA)
Selection Process: Candidate has to appear for UGAT (Undergraduate Aptitude Test) conducted by AIMA for getting an admission in AIMA.